The technological renaissance is underway. There seems to be a new television technology to learn about every year. The OLED and NanoCell panels from LG are two of the most recent versions. These two very distinct types of TV are popular and frequently sold based on features that seem similar.
But is there any difference between the two? How do they compete against one another?
Before we go any further, it's worth noting that OLED technology is almost universally regarded as providing a superior image. Although the picture isn't always the one thing or the biggest factor, it's still important to be aware of each screen's limitations so you can choose the option that best accommodates your finances.
You can avoid doing the research by relying on our work. Because we took the pain for you. To help you understand exactly what you're receiving, check out the quick comparison between NanoCell and OLED panels side by side. Know what they are, how they operate, and other important things that you must know before making the purchase.
NanoCell: What Exactly Is It?
Many of LG's recent TVs use the new display panel technology called NanoCell. So, what makes a NanoCell unique? The classic light-emitting diode (LED) and liquid crystal display (LCD) TVs are remarkably comparable to LG’s NanoCell TVs. They do have the same resolution as other 4K televisions while also remaining backlit. The distinction is that NanoCell makes use of an additional layer of nanoparticles that serves as a color filter and boosts the vibrancy and accuracy of the exhibited colors. In this sense, they are more akin to QLED screens.
Tangible Benefits Of NanoCell
Some of the key benefits of purchasing a NanoCell TV are listed below.
1. Compared to other LED TVs, NanoCell offers superior dynamic range and visual quality with vibrant, true colors.
2. A NanoCell TV's perfect color reproduction yields a clear, finely detailed image.
3. NanoCell TVs are reasonably priced.
4. Unlike conventional LCD screens, NanoCell TVs don't fade.
5. A wide viewing angle of up to 178 degrees is possible with NanoCell TVs.
6. If left on a static image for an extended period of time, NanoCell TVs don't experience "burn-in."
OLED: What Is It?
Organic light-emitting diodes, commonly known as OLEDs, are quite popular nowadays. This is a more recent digital display technology that can display a picture without the need for a backlight. Instead, every pixel is lit independently. The technology allowed the creation of absolutely dark areas on the screen. This is plausible since the pixels are essentially off and the TV area is black. OLED TVs feature a substantially higher dynamic range than conventional LEDs and NanoCell TVs.
The best thing is the picture quality.
The image produced by OLED technology is very detailed. An OLED TV can create a considerably more detailed image than its counterparts since the tones are so vibrant, and the display has a better contrast ratio.
So, if you dig deeper, OLED TVs are praised for their contrast, deep blacks, and exceptional dynamic range by both TV experts and photographers.
Top Features Of OLED TVs
Here are a few of the key arguments for buying an OLED TV.
1. OLED TVs provide substantially superior image quality than NanoCell TVs because of their deep blacks and vibrant colors.
2. OLED TVs often use less energy because they don't need a backlight that runs all the time. It's a saver.
3. Because OLED TVs don't need a backlight, they can be thinner than regular LED TVs and can be used in curved screens (as well as other varieties, including rollable TVs). Sounds great, right?
4. OLED screens have quick response times and minimal input lag. For anyone seeking a TV to play games on, this is perfect.
5. OLED panels are superior to traditional LED and LCD screens for fast-motion video because they have a quicker response time (such as in high-end gaming).
6. For more information on recommended models for the PS5 and Xbox One series, see our list on our site.
7. OLED TVs have broad viewing angles and still maintain their brightness and accuracy.
Now the final question: which one to go for? Well, it's a personal choice. However, keep your objectives and wallet in mind before selecting the TV that best meets your needs.
As a tech enthusiast, I always strive to stay updated on the latest TV technologies. This blog provided a clear and concise comparison between LG OLED TV and NanoCell.
07 Aug, 2022
I was torn between LG OLED TV and NanoCell, but after reading this blog, I gained a better understanding of their differences. It helped me make an informed decision